10 calls over Christmas weekend for Prince Albert Fire.


Members of the Prince Albert Fire Department spent much of their Christmas weekend answering calls.

While some were false alarms, there was also a structure fire and a vehicle fire.

On Boxing Day, they responded to a vehicle fire at 3:13 am on Davis Road in the RM of Prince Albert.

According to an article posted on social media by the ministry, the vehicle was fully involved in the flames when firefighters arrived.

They extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported.

Also on December 26, at 1 a.m., members were called to set a dumpster on fire in the 2800 block of 6th Avenue East.

The fire was extinguished before it spread to other areas and no injuries were reported.

Members were called five times on Christmas Day, starting at 1 a.m.

The 1:04 am call was outside in the 9 ave area. West and 15th Street.

“Upon arrival there appeared to be an unattended outside fire. After an investigation, there was an unapproved fireplace, garbage and other unapproved items were being burned, ”PAFD said in a social media post.

The fire had spread outside the home and the teams extinguished it. No damage was caused to surrounding structures. At 6:15 a.m., crews responded to block 200 of 10 Street East, but discovered that it was a false alarm. A pull station has been activated without cause.

At 10:30 a.m., they witnessed a structural fire in the 500 block of 26 East Street.

When the crews arrived, light smoke was billowing from the rear of the structure.

“The crews entered a lower level suite, located a fire in a room, and extinguished the burning materials. The fire was contained in the original room, ”said PAFD.

The rest of the building has been checked for extension of fire and smoke. After the smoke evacuation of the unit, the building was handed over to the owner.

No injuries were reported.

Another erroneous call arrived at 5:00 p.m. in the 500 block of 7th Street East. The appellant thought that a plumbing vent giving off steam was smoke.

An hour later, the teams left for block 900 of Exhibition Drive for an exterior fire.

When they searched the outdoor kitchen, they found a few burnt twigs that had already been put out.

Crews had also been called three times on Christmas Eve.

An accidental false alarm that was reported at 7:30 a.m. on the 1600 block of 2 Avenue West was followed by a second false alarm at 9 a.m.

This call turned out to be the result of a faulty smoke detector.

The third call was for assistance with lifting at approximately 3:20 p.m. and was at block 1600 of 1 St. East.

The person was assisted in a position of comfort and no injuries were reported.

About Justin Howze

Check Also

The horrors and confusion as the city’s restaurateurs wait for a concrete outdoor dining plan

When the pandemic hit the city in March 2020, Frangos Peri Peri had been open …